Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month (LGBT Pride Month) is celebrated in June every year. It honors the 1969 Stonewall riots in Manhattan. Although the month is coming to a close, we all must remember the importance of continuously working for diversity and inclusion for everyone, regardless of race, age, color, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
Many LGBT advocates are still diligently working to help move us forward to a future without discrimination in the workplace. As HR professionals, we should also be committed to diversity and inclusion.
In honor of Pride Month, here are seven wonderful quotes sure to make you smile.
7 Wonderful LGBT Quotes
1. “When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.”― Barack Obama
2. “I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day.”― Anderson Cooper
3. “The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well.” ― Advice columnist Cassandra Duffy
4. “At some point in our lifetime, gay marriage won’t be an issue, and everyone who stood against this civil right will look as outdated as George Wallace standing on the school steps keeping James Hood from entering the University of Alabama because he was black.” ― George Clooney
5. “Gay rights are human rights.” ― Hillary Clinton
6. “This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.” ― Ellen Page
7. “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You’re not scared. You’re an asshole.” ― Morgan Freeman
Do you have a favorite LGBT quote? Share it in the comments below.