Can you feel it? Love is in the air! With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, cupid is destined to make an appearance at the office.
Workplace romances are almost inevitable nowadays. You are in denial, if you really think people do not have love interests on the job or become secret lovers at work. Though some employers ban such relationships, many people still meet their significant other or spouse at work. What’s more, sometimes employees reveal their true feelings with coworkers or make amorous advances just because they believe it is easier on V-Day. Any of these situations could be disastrous for both employers and employees alike. Therefore, before even thinking about exchanging any romantic greeting cards, bouquet of roses, delicious chocolates, cute stuffed animals, or expensive gifts to express your love at work, read these few words of advice.
- Don’t get your honey, where you get your money.
- Don’t bring your personal relationship to the office.
- Don’t flaunt your love in front of your coworkers.
- Don’t flirt with your coworkers.
- Don’t get physical at work. (Even if you are married or in a relationship)
- Don’t get too personal with gifts.
- Do bring goodies for the department or entire office.
- Do buy gifts for your team members, if you buy something for your boss.
- Do show appreciation for gifts from colleagues.
- Do participate in office V-Day celebrations or team building exercises.
- Do wish your colleagues a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Always remember that V-Day should be festive and fun, but it is vital to keep things professional at all cost. If an explanation is need for any of the aforementioned bullet points, let’s talk.